FURNITURE MAKER ROLE
As demand grows, we’re on hunt for a full-time experienced furniture maker / joiner to join our team.
We are a busy family run business, who specialises in custom made solid timber furniture, benchtops and vanities.
- Joiner, furniture maker, cabinet maker or similar (must have solid timber experience and a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role)
- Forklift License
- First Aid Certificate (preferred)
- Driver’s license
- Ability to use a CNC
SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Pride in own workmanship with high attention to detail
- Experience working with solid timber
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a small team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective communication skills
- Reliable, loyal and trustworthy
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good time management skills – ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to read plans and drawings
- Neat and tidy presentation
- Creative and energetic
- Knowledge and experience using all relevant machinery (CNC, panel saw, sander etc)
- Good mathematical knowledge
- Work out job requirements from drawings, templates and written instructions (cutting lists).
- Set up jigs, select timber, and cut to size and shape using templates.
- Cut joints, using wood-cutting machines or hand powered tools.
- Operate CNC.
- Assemble prepared wood to form furniture, structures and fixtures – including but not limited to trimming and gluing joints, fitting and forming sections of furniture, placing sections in clamps and reinforcing joints with nails, dowels and screws.
- Install completed products.
- Maintain tools to exceptional standards.
- Monitor and manage picking sheets and the assembly of customer orders for collection/delivery.
- Site measures
- Coordinate pickups/deliveries in timely manner.
- Enhance the reputation and client base for the company
- Maintain up to date workshop inventory and monitor stock control systems.
- Assist with day to day running of the work shop.
- Liaise with customers, management and staff.
- Manage customer enquiries if required
- Understand the products and their suitable application, including provenance.
- Identify opportunities to increase/grow sales of furniture grade timber products, including effective yield (profit margin) management.
- Reporting manager as directed/required.
HOW TO APPLY
- Send your resume, portfolio and covering letter to email@example.com
- All shortlisted application will be contacted.
- Contact: Chris 0430 395 377 | 23 Kayleigh Drive, Maroochydore